NFL Draft Prospect Profile: Dwight Bentley, CB, Louisiana-Lafayette
Green Bay Packers draft prospect profile: Dwight Bentley
- Dwight Bentley, CB, Louisiana-Layfayette
- 5-foot-10, 182 lbs
- Four-year starter that competes despite being undersized. Looked good in Senior Bowl at at the combine.
- 4.43 40-yard dash
- 4.50 20-yard shuttle
- 6.99 3-cone drill
- 9.05′ long jump
- 31.5″ vertical jump
- 13 bench press reps
News & Notes:
Struggles in man coverage. … Lack of size hurts him in run support. … Picked off three passes and returned two for touchdowns his senior year. … Good at making plays on the ball. … lack of size raises questions about durability. … Some project him as a third-rounder, others say he’s a late-round pick for teams looking to stockpile CBs. … Had a chance to guard Oklahoma State’s Justin Blackmon in 2010, but rarely lined up against him even though Blackmon torched a teammate for over 200 yards.
What theyâ€™re saying about him:
- Matt Bowen (National Football Post):Â “An active player that is around the football — and he wants to challenge receivers. Quick with his hands on the initial punch in a press-position and will drive on inside breaking routes with clean cuts from his backpedal. Might not have ideal size outside the numbers.”
- ProFootballWeekly.com:Â “Undersized, confident, fluid, finesse corner who consistently held receivers in check and showed well at the Senior Bowl, solidifying his standing. Most comfortable angled to the QB and seeking to pounce, and can play zone or off-man.”
- Jesse Bartolis (NFLMocks.com):Â “Bentley is not a huge name, but is a really nice mid round prospect.”
- I would shudder if he lined up across Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall or Percy Harvin
- Tiny. Seems like he could easily be picked on with a bigger WR, even if that WR isn’t on the same level as Johnson, Marshall or Harvin
- Quick and shifty. I wonder if returning punts could be in his future?
- I like his reaction skills. Might fit better into a zone scheme.
- I’m seeing Bentley as more of a fourth- or fifth-rounder instead of a third.