December

Become a Green Bay Packers Owner and Stockholder. Buy Packers Stock.

Green Bay Packers Stock Certificate

Just in time for the Holidays, the Green Bay Packers are offering their fans the opportunity to become a stockholder in the only community-owned, non-profit professional sports team in America.

Many a Packers fan will see their dream of team ownership granted this holiday season, at a not-so-inexpensive cost of $250 per “share.” Money received from the stock sale will be used to finance another Lambeau Field expansion project, already underway in some cases.

As a current stockholder, I don’t feel the need to be adding to my “stake”, so instead, I’ll just watch from afar and welcome aboard all my new fellow owners.

Full information will be released on December 6th. Here are the details currently available from Packers.com:

• The price per share will be $250, and there will be a handling charge.
  • The offering will be limited to persons in the United States, as well as Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
  • Until regulators in the states of New Hampshire and Virginia allow the offering to proceed in those states, residents of those states will not be able to purchase shares.
  • Shares will be able to be purchased online with credit or debit cards, and also via mail.
  • Only individuals (including spouses as joint tenants) will be able to purchase shares.
  • The Packers will initially offer 250,000 shares.
  • No one may buy more than 200 shares (counting any shares that the person purchased in the 1997-1998 offering).
  • The offering will continue until Feb. 29, 2012, subject to extension.

In contemplation of the offering, interested fans should note:

• Stock in the Packers does not constitute an investment in “stock” in the common sense of the term.
  • The Packers will have no obligation to repay the amount a buyer pays to purchase Packers stock.
  • Anyone considering the purchase of Packers stock should not purchase the stock to make a profit or to receive a dividend or tax deduction or any other economic benefits.
  • Any offering of Packers stock will only be made through an offering document.
  • The Packers believe offerees and purchasers of Packers stock will not receive the protection of securities laws with respect to any offering or sale of Packers stock.
  • The Packers bylaws and NFL rules severely restrict transfers of Packers stock.

Jersey Al Bracco is the founder and editor of AllGreenBayPackers.com, and the co-founder of Packers Talk Radio Network. He can be heard as one of the Co-Hosts on Cheesehead Radio and is the Green Bay Packers Draft Analyst for Drafttek.com.

27 Responses to “Become a Green Bay Packers Owner and Stockholder. Buy Packers Stock.”

1. Bearmeat Bearmeat says:

Man, I WISH I could afford it… Seriously bummed. Life in perpetual Graduate school does not a millionaire make. Sigh…

• Oppy says:

You could attempt to sell shares in Bearmeat stock for $25 dollars/share. Get ten people to purchase a non-controlling, non-profit share in you, and you can then invest in a share of Packers stock.

• packerman3434 says:

new owner here got for a xmas present….

2. Tom Freeman says:

Thanks for posting this reminder, Al. Last time around, wife, kids and I all bought stock, and have never regretted it. I will do the same in my blog this week.

3. Mojo says:

I have a few questions for those out there who may already own shares.

1. Can you put more than one name on the certificate? Is that what joint tenants applies to?

2. Do you need to be a GB shareholder to attend the shareholders meeting? And is it restricted to one person per share?

3. Any other Packer events to shareholders only?

Thanks

• Jersey Al Jersey Al says:

1) yes, but from how it’s worded, it seems to me the second person can only be a spouse.

2) You need to be a shareholder to get tickets to the meeting and other events that day (you get up to 5). If you have one of those tickets, you can attend wheter you really are a shareholder ot not. (I’ve given mine away the last few years to other fans that wanted to attend).

3) That day is pretty much it, although there was also a shareholders-only section of the Pro Shop online. Not sure if that is still the case.

4. [...] Packers Hot Take | Become a Green Bay Packers Owner and Stockholder. Buy Packers Stock. [...]

5. ZeroTolerance says:

How do the shares pass down in the event of owner death? Could I pass it on to my nephew?

6. Pete Kliman says:

So what it comes down to is that I’m helping finance an increase in revenue for millionaires, but I’ll get nothing in return for my 250. P.T Barnum was right there truely is a sucker born every minute.Use the money to pay down your credit card bill.

7. kay says:

What do the stockholders get aside from the honor of being a Green Bay Packer stockholder?

8. Chuck says:

Jersey Al;
    When is the 2012 Shareholders meeting?

9. KEVIN LANKFORD says:

Packer fan forever. Thanks to my brother we are both
    shareholders. Please e-mail shareholders meeting info for 2012 when its available. We both have never
    been to Packers meca.GO PACK GO. Please include links of accomadations and resturants. thank kevin

10. Charles Van Pelt says:

We are now proud owners of Green Bay Packer Stock, a pretty awesome Christmas gift from our children. Love my Packers and my home town of Green Bay.

11. Tony Mumford says:

as a new stock holder I am having troble finding the date for the stock holders meeting could someone please E mail me the info. thank you coachw8@aol.com

12. Michelle Packer says:

When is the 2012 shareholder meeting?

13. krystal says:

When will they sell shares again? I desperately want to buy! Thank you.