Josh Sitton: 2011 Green Bay Packers Evaluation and Report Card
1) Introduction: A fourth round draft pick in 2008, Sitton was a right offensive tackle in College that the Packers moved to guard. Sitton signed a five year contract last September, as the Green Bay moved swiftly to lock up their best offensive lineman.
Josh James Sitton
Weight: 318 lbs.
3) Expectations coming into the season: Coming off being named the Offensive Lineman of the year by the NFL Alumni Assn and a Pro Bowl Alternate, expectations for Sitton in 2011 were to continue his domination of defensive linemen.
4) Player’s highlights/low-lights: The season highlight for Sitton was the opening game against the Saints. He was his normal dominating self, earning his highest ratings from ProFootballFocus.com in both the running game and pass protection. His lowlight was the game against St. Louis. Playing with a very sore knee, Sitton gave up a sack, 2 QB pressures, and was beaten off the ball all game.
5) Player’s contribution to the overall team success: Despite an up and down season hampered by injuries, Sitton was still an important part of the Packers line when healthy. You can divide his season into three parts. The first four injury-free games, he played like Josh Sitton and gave up no sacks. The middle nine games he struggled with the injuries and gave up 2 sacks, 5 QB pressures and was called for 4 penalties, while missing the last two games of that stretch. Finally, the last five game portion (including the playoff game), started when he returned from sitting out those two games, and Sitton almost looked like his old self.
6) Player’s contributions in the playoffs: Sitton was pretty much back to normal by this game. He was solid against whoever the Giants put in front of him and only allowed one play where his man got a hand on Rodgers.
Season Report Card:
(C) Level of expectations met during the season
(C+) Contributions to team’s overall success.
(B) Contributions to team during the playoffs
Overall Grade: C+——————
Jersey Al Bracco is the founder and editor of AllGreenBayPackers.com, and the co-founder of Packers Talk Radio Network. He can be heard as one of the Co-Hosts on Cheesehead Radio and is the Green Bay Packers Draft Analyst for Drafttek.com.