Nick Perry: 2012 Green Bay Packers Evaluation and Report Card

11 responses

1. Don "Yoop" Christensen
    Yoop
    February 2, 2013

I like what Perry showed, he can drop into coverage but needs to work on it. That is expected out of someone that played with his hand on the ground in college.
    His ability to hold point against the run was excellent, something Walden and Moses cannot do at all. He showed the ability to bull rush something else Walden and Moses cannot do.
    And he has the quickness to be a pass rusher.
    You get a DE in this draft that can hold point against the run and that pushes to need a double team to go with Perry.
    Put Neal with Matthews on the other, that combination showed a lot of promise this last year and you have a very interesting problem for any defense.

2. Don "Yoop" Christensen
    Yoop
    February 2, 2013

LOL make that a very interesting problem for any offense.

3. Ron LC
    February 2, 2013

As one of Perry’s biggest cheerleaders, I have to say incomplete for a grade. Just not enough time to really evaluate his performance. He is probably the returning player with the highest amount of potential. Even sitting on the bench he was able to reivew the others who played outside LB and learn. A good camp should help him emensely. I predict a very good year for Nick coming up.

• Stroh
      February 3, 2013

I agree, he gets an incomplete. Only played bout 5 games, so its hard to say he was a contributor to the teams success. Like some things he showed particularly vs run game, had hoped to see more pass rush. The thing that disappointed me tho, was that he just never seemed to play w/ aggression or energy. Seemed he was going thru the motions.

I imagine he’ll get alot better this year and hope being more comfortable w/ the scheme will allow him to be more energetic and aggressive. He was the guy I predicted before the draft last year for the Packers, so I’m really hoping he takes his play to another level next year!

4. Elo
    February 2, 2013

We will need him to play like a 1st rounder. No QB pressure, no SuperBowl.

5. HawgNSonsTV
    February 2, 2013

The arrow is pointed straight up for this team!

• Charlie B
      February 3, 2013

Which part of the defensive line grades he’s been handing out give you that idea? In fact, which part of the games you watched told you this D is headed in the right direction?

6. mark gast
    February 2, 2013

I wonder how much better than Walden he would have been. Slate.com just put up an article about running QBs and injuries. They included a photo of Kaepernick’s awful run. Besides showing that Pickett was being held (I am sure that he would have run down Keapernick and saved the TD) it shows Walden running like he was on the 49er Offensive line. I can’t imagine what he was thinking. I will try to put the photo here but if it doesn’t work you can see at Slate.com. Hopefully Perry won’t ever look that in a game.
    130131_SN_ColinKaepernick.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large.jpeg

7. Barutan Seijin
    February 3, 2013

Way too generous. How can you miss most of the season and make a significant contribution to the team’s success?

Did he meet expectations? It was optimistic to think that he’d be a big help at OLB this season. All the same, that was the main reason the Packers took him in the first. I wanted to see some flash of greatness. Doesn’t have to be sustained, just some indication of potential above-averageness. Didn’t see it.

An Incomplete would be fair, but you could also say that he made a below average contribution and therefore merits a D.

8. Stroh
    February 3, 2013

Don’t see how you give Perry a B- for his contributions to the teams success. He was only a good player, certainly not very good or great and only for about 5 games played. A C- would be more appropriate and an incomplete since he played so little much better. More inconsistency it seems.

9. {Gaslight Anthem|Cage The Elephant|Fitz and the Tantrums|The Airborne Toxic event|Indie rock Bands|Indie Rock Artists|American Indie Rock Bands|Indie Rock music|
    April 9, 2013

Hello my friend! I want to say that this post is awesome, great written and include approximately all significant infos. I would like to see more posts like this .

mobile desktop