August

Puttin’ on the Pads: Packers Training Camp 2013 Day 7 Roundup

Today was the third straight day the Packers have practiced in pads, part of a runup that will total five straight days, culminating in the Family Night Scrimmage on Saturday. I’ve culled through the hundreds of tweets by Packers beat writers (so you don’t have to) to bring you what I consider the most important happenings and observations of the day: Enjoy!

Jersey Al Bracco is the founder and editor of AllGreenBayPackers.com, and the co-founder of Packers Talk Radio Network. He can be heard as one of the Co-Hosts on Cheesehead Radio and is the Green Bay Packers Draft Analyst for Drafttek.com.

12 Responses to “Puttin’ on the Pads: Packers Training Camp 2013 Day 7 Roundup”

1. Lucas says:

MM has said the offense doesn’t really design pass plays to get the ball to the RB, other than the screen game. Maybe seeing Lacy “lower the boom” and Franklin make guys miss will change his mind?

2. Joel says:

Wes Hodkiewicz needs to mind his “Pease” and “cues” since it wasn’t Lacy “lowering the boom,” but rather #39 Angelo Pease.

3. Batavia Greg says:

What gives with WRs Dorsey and Johnson? It seems as if they are always injured. Their inability to play seemingly would open up an opportunity for Myles White, but I understand from reports out of training camp that he’s having difficulty holding onto the ball. No wonder why the Pack picked-up Omarius Hines.

Last year, WR was a position of strength. This year, who do we have who is reliable behind Nelson, Cobb and Jones? Boykin and Ross? Pray that none of the top 3 aren’t injured.

• Dobber says:

Sound familiar…?

• Batavia Greg says:

Errata: “Pray that none of the top 3 get injured.” Sorry for the grammatical error.

Can anyone shed some light on Dorsey’s and Johnson’s injuries? Hamstring and and knee, respectively, from what I understand. If these guys get injured running around in shorts, what will happen when they have to take real hits? Are they “China Dolls” or what?

4. Martha Hess says:

Hello;

I don’t mean to say I told you so but Mr. Daniels is simply a football player. He would pay you to play. Give me 10 Mr. Daniels and 1 Mr. Mathews and I get you a certain large trophy. [Also watch the kid from Canada.] Live from Green Bay

5. GBPDAN says:

I’d rather have 10 Mathews and one Daniels

6. BrianD says:

Bakhtiari got a rep at RT with the first team offense on a goal line drill late in practice. He’s officially in the conversation at RT now.

7. GBPDAN says:

Just hearing that Bakhtiari, Daniels and Jones are looking good so far has me excited that our trenches may be improved. Cant wait to watch these guys live next week against Arizona

8. DathroneJones says:

Already getting nervous for the 9ers game. Rodgers is the man, he can do it!!!!!!!

9. Biggfootz says:

Smith may have spun out from Pease hit but he did prevent the td forcing Pease out in the corner. Like the way Smith sprang back up.

10. Truman Paga says:

I have already been looking at to get a tad for virtually any good quality content articles or perhaps weblog blogposts on this kind of room . Exploring throughout Aol My spouse and i eventually discovered your blog. Learning this info Therefore i am just pleased to show i use a very exceptional unusual sensation I discovered what exactly I want to. I a real large amount definitely will guarantee to perform not really disregard this specific site and provides that a look frequently.