Packers 10 vs. Seachickens 17 – Game Day First Impressions, Unfiltered

31 responses

1. Nick Perry
    August 23, 2013

Lacy not in once on 1st series? Against this defense without Nelson and Cobb. Hmmmm, I’d like to have seen Lacy in 1st series

Thomas Hobbes
      August 23, 2013

I’ll bet Lacy gets the second drive. It just happened that both teams had really long drives to start the game.

2. Wagszilla
    August 23, 2013

Please no serious injuries to Harris or Burnett.

Good play by Perry/Francois/Hayward.

Thomas Hobbes
      August 23, 2013

Harris is back, but really the Packers might just hold them out since it’s a preseason game.

• Nick Perry
        August 23, 2013

Can’t afford to lose Burrnett. Dang hamstrings hang around and around.

Thomas Hobbes
        August 23, 2013

I see Micah Hyde shifting to safety if Burnett misses any time.

• Wagszilla
        August 23, 2013

Move him anyway. Burnett and Hyde would work well, I think.

Thomas Hobbes
        August 24, 2013

If it means having Hayward in the slot, I think that would be the best scenario

• nick perry
        August 24, 2013

Man I couldn’t agree more. I like this Hyde kid. I swear I saw McMillan make a tackle with his back, like he was scared of Lynch. He’s just not making the jump the Packers had hoped for IMO. Shields and whoever on the corners, (by whoever I mean Williams or house if Williams hurt)Hayward in the slot, and Hyde and Burnett at Safety.

• Stroh
        August 24, 2013

I would like to see a little something more from McMillan so far too. However he did get an INT of Wilson last nite so we’ll have to see how important that is to the coaches.

• Genaro Prager
        September 26, 2013

reading the post and know that the journey you are along decide charge a really serious journey toward the health of others. Thank!

3. Dobber
    August 23, 2013

If Seattle were a hockey team, they would be described as “Chippy”. I think Pete Carroll embraces that.

Thomas Hobbes
      August 23, 2013

Well they are the most penalized team in the preseason, and by a lot apparently. 8 for 100 yards in this game alone apparently (and counting).

4. Dobber
    August 23, 2013

Tim Masthay might have had one of the nicest tackles of the night on that Golden Tate punt return that was negated by penalty.

Thomas Hobbes
      August 23, 2013

It’s always nice to see a punter make a good tackle.

• Stroh
        August 24, 2013

It always sucks to see a punter make ANY tackle!

5. Oppy
    August 23, 2013

Mike Neal looking pretty good at OLB, he’s not sticking out like a sore thumb.. That’s a great sign at this point.

Is anyone still worried about my boy Brad Jones @ ILB? He’s a playmaker!

Nick Perry looks like he’s already putting on the white gloves for dinner service, plate of crow. He’s been flushing the QB, holding the point, and he looked particularly awesome on 2nd and ten with roughly 1:40 left in the half when he paused his pass rush off the snap, diagnosed the play, they bailed into the flat to foil any chance of a screen developing. He’s playing not thinking now!

Francois is looking even better as a backup than he did two years ago when called into service.

Micah Hyde is clearly going to see the field a bunch this year.

Mike Daniels is still a whirling dervish, hustle, hustle, hustle.

Hawk made a play behind the LOS.

I’m feeling pretty good about this defense, both from a personnel standpoint, and how they are playing their assignments vs. a russel wilson led offense. They have looked pretty disciplined for the most part and seem to know what they should be doing against a slippery QB.

Thomas Hobbes
      August 23, 2013

As long as he doesn’t have to drop back I think he’s doing a good job.

Tarynfor12
      August 23, 2013

Tipped pass was nice,must have seen Jolly do something with his hands but,Giacoma handled him too many times…put the crow back in the pot Oppy,he has a lot more to prove.

• Oppy
        August 23, 2013

I’m starting to wonder if you have realistic expectations.

Nick Perry looked every bit the part of competent OLB and at times was a commanding presence.

I didn’t even think about the tipped pass; it was a nice play.. but it seems that’s the only play that stuck out to you? If so, I don’t think we watch defense in the same manner.

Thomas Hobbes
        August 24, 2013

Keep in mind Perry isn’t going after the quarterback every play, he also responsible for run assignments and setting the edge for his teammates. When he was rushing, I think he got good penetration and pressure; that’s a good start.

Tarynfor12
        August 24, 2013

Well,perhaps mine are a tad high but he’s a 1st rd pick who played DE and was selected with every intention of being a OLB..or perhaps the bar you have for him is a tad too low.

He still only has a bull rush and Breno had him,but nothing he did really helped CM3,that sack was all him and doubled teamed to boot.
        Like I said,I’ll clean the plate as I keep true to my word but not even close yet :)

• Stroh
        August 25, 2013

He was a late 1st, not a top 10 1st. The difference is immense. Top 10 are can’t miss guys. End 1st isn’t much different than many 2nd’s, except to someone w/ unrealistic expectations that think all 1st are equal. The fact he played DE also complicates his progress as an OLB. Unfortunately there are very few teams that play 34 DE in college so NFL teams have to project how players will do as an OLB.

• nick perry
      August 24, 2013

He’s also the one who tipped the pass for Hayward’s INT. wasn’t he? Be nice to see all the Packers pass rushers get their hands up if not getting to QB. Daniels is making that jump M.M. talks of between year one and two. If he keeps playing like this he might prove to be a steal in last years 4th round. Dude makes plays and has a non stop motor.

6. Bearmeat
    August 23, 2013

Does Mark Murphy look like he should be a star for the bad guys in World War Z?

Good Lord. Someone needs to get a different haircut.

Thomas Hobbes
      August 23, 2013

Maybe we can ask Marques to cut his hair too.

• Bearmeat
        August 23, 2013

You hear that Brainwash? LOL!

7. GBPDAN
    August 24, 2013

Only 4 more injuries tonight. …great. WTF?

8. nick perry
    August 24, 2013

I especially agree with not being overly concerned with Lacy’s performance. With Harrell behind center, we saw how little Seattle’s defense, or any other defense for that matter will respect Harrell. With Harrell in, no Cobb, Nelson, Jones, Finley combo to worry about, they just teed of on Eddie Lacy and he never had a chance. With Rodgers in, he’d tear the Seahawk’s apart.
    I thought Vince Young played well enough to see him come in first next week. I can’t stand Harrell. 3 years with a QB guru and this is what we have.
    The defense played well. They were getting a lot of pressure and with the exception of the first play, left Wilson no where to run. I was wrong about Daniels. I felt he is much better for a 4-3 defense and maybe he is, but that 6 foot ball of muscle can play. PERIOD. While I’ve always liked his motor, he’s one of those M.M. talks about making the big jump from year one to two.
    Nick Perry is going to be just fine, especially against the run. On several of his pass rushes he collapsed the pocket and left Wilson no where to run. Overall I was pretty happy with what I saw from a injured Packer team.

9. Big O
    August 24, 2013

I know it’s preseason so I take it all with a large grain of salt, the coaches have to see everyone to make cuts and all that but I would like to have seen them play the first team a few more snaps than they did! I know I’m just excited I guess!!!

10. PA Packerbacker
    August 24, 2013

Why all the hamstring injuries???!!!???

mobile desktop