It’s Packers vs. Bears for the NFC North Championship
If the Green Bay Packers beat the Chicago Bears on Sunday, they will be NFC North Champions.
Yes, the Packers might make the playoffs despite:
- Playing the second half of the season without Aaron Rodgers.
- Using four different quarterbacks.
- Clay Matthews missing a stretch of games, then returning and playing with one thumb.
- Randall Cobb being out most of the season.
- Jermichael Finley almost breaking his neck.
- Bryan Bulaga tearing his ACL in a scrimmage.
- Andy Mulumba and MD Jennings playing prominent roles on defense.
- Eddie Lacy missing two games early with a concussion and gimping around on a bum ankle the last couple of weeks.
- B.J. Raji deciding to take a vacation after week eight.
- 16 players on injured reserve (possibly with more to be added this week)
- Marshall Newhouse still being on the team.
And that’s just all the stuff I can think of off the top of my head. It’s late at night, so I’m sure I’m missing a few things that should be on the list.
It hasn’t been pretty. Often, it’s been downright ugly and frustrating as hell. But the Packers still have a shot at the playoffs. Win and they’re in.
Welcome to the NFC North in 2013.
The 2013 Packers won’t go down as one of the best teams in franchise history, but they will go down as one of the most unique. They’ll also go down as one of the most resilient. It’s been a frustrating season, but it’s also been a whole lot of fun.
Here’s hoping the fun extends at least into Wild Card weekend.——————