1) Introduction: The Packers didn’t need to use Tim Masthay that much this season, but on the rare occasions he trotted onto the field, he did what he needed to do.
Timothy James Masthay
Weight: 200 lbs.
3) Expectations coming into the season: Keep rolling. Masthay closed the 2010 season with a bang by punting well in the playoffs, especially against Devin Hester and the Bears in the NFC Championship.
4) Player’s highlights/low-lights: Masthay’s net average of 38.6 yards per punt was the best net by a Packers punter in 48 years. Lowlights have to be whenever Mashtay stepped on the field because, well, that meant the Packers were punting.
5) Player’s contribution to the overall team success: The Packers horrible defense needed all the field position help it could get. Masthay’s punts landed inside the 20 yard line almost 50 percent of the time and I can’t remember any horrible shanks.
6) Player’s contributions in the playoffs: Masthay contributed too often in the playoffs. If he remained on the sideline and didn’t contribute anything, this space would be used to preview the Packers Super Bowl matchup instead of an end-of-season report card on the team’s punter.
Season Report Card:
(B+) Level of expectations met during the season
(B) Contributions to team’s overall success.
(B) Contributions to team during the playoffs
Overall Grade: B——————