1) Introduction: If there’s one thing to be said about long snappers it’s that you only notice them when something goes horribly wrong. No one ever noticed Brett Goode, which makes him a fine long snapper indeed, to the point that general manager Ted Thompson thought it wise to resign Goode mid-season to the tune of a 3-year deal $2.715 million, something that typically only happens to the player that the Packers want to keep the most. Goode again showed his worth by not botching up a snap the entire season (nor has he ever in his entire career) and continues to be perhaps the most consistent player on special teams.
Brett Jackson Goode
- Age: 28
- Born: 11/02/1984, in Fort Smith, AR
- Height: 6’1″
- Weight: 255
- College: Arkansas
- Rookie Year: 2007
- NFL Experience: 5 years
3) Expectations coming into the season: Goode hasn’t botched a snap in his entire career and it nothing less than perfection was expected from him.
4) Player’s highlights/low-lights: With long snappers living in relative anonymity, Goode’s highlight of the season was probably being a part of the Aaron Rodgers’ cream pie-in face prank that’s probably the biggest prank pulled on Rodger’s to date. Other than that it was a relatively quiet year for Goode, no in game highlights nor lowlights to mention
5) Player’s contribution to the overall team success: Again, people only notice long snappers when they botch a snap, so overall, while Goode certainly didn’t win the Packers any games, he more importantly didn’t lose any.