- 1) Introduction: CJ Wilson has quietly turned into a solid run-stuffing 3-4 DE after being drafted in the 7th round in 2010. In 2011 Wilson and Jarius Wynn where thrust into the spotlight after Mike Neal landed on IR and Wilson couldn’t produce as a full time starter. Hopefully as part of a defensive line rotation and spot duty on running plays Wilson could be more productive in 2012.
Clifford James Wilson
- Age: 25
- Born: 03/30/1987, in Belhaven, NC
- Height: 6’3″
- Weight: 300
- College: East Carolina
- Rookie Year: 2010
- NFL Experience: 3 years
3) Expectations coming into the season: Fair. As one of the Packers best run defenders, Wilson was expected to see a lot of time as the defense end in the base 3-4 defense but would likely be stepping out for obviously passing players for more accomplished pass rushers like Mike Neal.
4) Player’s highlights/low-lights: Wilson’s best performance in 2012 was against the Minnesota Vikings for the last game of the season where he recorded 1 quarterback hurry, 3 tackles and 3 offensive negative plays. His worst performance was a leg injury that robbed him of 5 games.
5) Player’s contribution to the overall team success: Without Wilson in the lineup Adrian Peterson managed to run for 210 yards in the Packers first meeting. In the second, Wilson was just getting settled back in after his injury, but it wasn’t until the wild card game where Wilson was an integral part of keeping Adrian Peterson from breaking free into the secondary.