Game Notes: What sort of team will the Packers be under Scott Tolzein? Fans got flashes of potential against the Eagles but also a lot of mental mistakes. With a week to prepare as a starter, backup quarterbacks typically do about 9% better as the starter, will this be enough to overcome a lost Giants squad that’s finally righted the ship?
Inactives (via Packers.com):
Green Bay Packers
12 QB Aaron Rodgers
13 WR Chris Harper
29 CB Casey Hayward
37 CB Sam Shields
53 LB Nick Perry
55 LB Andy Mulumba
67 T/G Don Barclay
16 QB Scott Tolzien will start for Rodgers; 31 CB Davon House will start for Shields; 96 LB Mike Neal will start for Perry; 74 T Marshall Newhouse will start for Barclay.
New York Giants
9 QB Ryan Nassib
23 CB Corey Webster
44 RB Peyton Hillis
59 LB Allen Bradford
61 C Dallas Reynolds
78 DT Markus Kuhn
81 TE Adrien Robinson
38 CB Trumaine McBride will start for Webster.
- Packers kick off, defense gets the first shot.
- Packers defense looks pretty much the same, a couple good stops followed by a huge gain.
- The Packers look lost or depressed, two 12-man on the field penalties basically shows they’re not into it right now.
- Rueben Randle runs a nice mini pick route where the cornerback have to swap responsibilities and scores the touchdown. You’d like to see tighter coverage by Micah Hyde but overall better offensive play and poor defensive play.
- Good stop by MD Jennings leads to a 40 yard field goal for the Giants, I think this is the way that the Capers’ defense is supposed to work, give up some yards, but make the stop and force them to take 3 instead of 6.
- Score: Giants 7, Packers 0
- Out of nowhere, 70 yards of passing on two plays, 25 yards to Jordy Nelson aand 45 yards to James Jones; hopefully this opens up the box for Lacy and Starks.
- I bet McCarthy is itching to give up on the run, but he knows he has to feed Lacy the ball.
- Tramon Williams shows why he got that big contract in 2010, what an acrobatic interception.
- Oh Marshall Newhouse, I thought you were supposed to be good against speed rushers…