1) Introduction: For Greg Jennings, the 2012 season was the last year remaining on his contract. After suffering a groin injury in the season opener against the San Francisco 49ers, Jennings struggled to return to form, which opened the door for Randall Cobb and James Jones to emerge within the offense. But later in the season, Jennings finally returned to the Pro Bowl form Packers fans have grown accustomed to.
Gregory Jennings Jr.
- Age: 29
- Born: 09/21/1983, in Kalamazoo , MI
- Height: 5’11″
- Weight: 198
- College: Western Michigan
- Rookie Year: 2006
- NFL Experience: 7 years
3) Expectations coming into the season: Entering the 2012 season, expectations for Greg Jennings were extremely high. After all, Jennings had at least 920 receiving yards in his previous five seasons. But after suffering a groin injury in the season opener against the 49ers, his season took a turn for the worse.
4) Player’s highlights/low-lights: Injuries clearly hampered Jennings throughout the season. He failed to surpass 46 receiving yards in a single game until week 17 at Minnesota, in which he caught a season-high eight passes for 120 yards and two touchdowns. The team’s three-game stretch to finish the season was clearly the highlight of his season. Including the two playoff games, Jennings averaged six catches for 78.3 yards over the team’s final three games. Consider everything prior to be “low-lights” of his 2012 season.