Packers prospect profile: TE C.J. Fiedorowicz
C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE Iowa, 6-7, 265 pounds Hometown: Johnsburg, IL
40 time: 4.76
Vertical jump: 31.5″
225 lb. bench: 25 reps
Broad jump: 9’8″
News and Notes:
Named Most Outstanding tight end at 2014 Senior Bowl. . .2013 First-team All-Big 10 by coaches. . .had a reception in 31 straight games. . .career-high six touchdown catches in 2013. . .Coaches Appreciation Award, Offense recipient
What they’re saying about him:
- CBSSports.com: Good versatility, showing the ability to come off a down block to get past defenders as a receiver. Good body control and soft hands for such a large man. Fast in a straight-line and is a physical and attentive blocker.
- NFL.com: Has outstanding size and big hands. Has size to widen the hole or seal defensive ends. Good balance and body control for his size. Surprising lower-body flexibility to sink his hips to run sharp-angle routes. Has stature and enough speed to threaten the seam. Understands how to use his frame and physicality to create subtle separation. Makes athletic hands catches off his frame. Sizable catch radius. Shows toughness and concentration in traffic. Lowers his shoulder to deliver a blow after the catch. Can line up in-line or split out. Smart and durable. Builds to average speed. Fairly straight-linish athlete. Not elusive after the catch. Can improve as a move blocker and develop more of a mean streak to finish blocks. Average production. Could stand to adopt a more blue-collar work ethic when people aren’t watching — is not a self-starter and has been able to cruise on his rare size and natural ability.
- As I always disclaim, this is a “highlight” reel.
- Shows quite a bit of Fiedorowicz’s blocking abilities, which are good. Spent more time in three-point stance than a few other TE’s I have profiled
- Not quick getting into his routes and does not change direction well
- Speed is not an asset, won’t pick up much yardage after the catch
- Can make some tough grabs in traffic and uses his size well
- Seems to be the type of receiver who needs to be in the right offensive system to thrive. Won’t likely do it on ability alone
If drafted by the Packers: