1) Introduction: Tim Masthay gets the job done. That’s probably the best way to describe him. He doesn’t drastically tilt the field with his powerful punts and pinpoint accuracy, but he does an adequate job. Masthay doesn’t give you much to leap out of your chair and cheer about, but he also doesn’t give you a reason to hurl your TV through the wall after consistently poor punts.
Timothy James Masthay
- Age: 26
- Born: 4/16/1987 in Pittsburgh, Penn.
- Height: 6’2″
- Weight: 198
- College: Kentucky
- Rookie Year: 2010
- NFL Experience: 4
3) Expectations coming into the season: Just keep doing what he does. Masthay has a lot of games where he punts in cold weather and his always hold up well.
4) Player’s highlights/low-lights: Masthay’s net average has gotten better every season, topping off at 39.0 yards in 2013. He also notched 17 touchbacks on 34 kickoffs to start the season. If you’re looking for lowlights…well, it’s always a lowlight when Masthay comes on the field because it means the Packers are punting.
5) Player’s contribution to the overall team success: Masthay’s consistency was a bright spot on an otherwise shaky special teams unit. If there was a special teams breakdown, it was rarely because of something Masthay screwed up.
6) Player’s contributions in the playoffs: Unfortunately, Masthay contributed too much and the Packers didn’t score enough points in their playoff loss.
Season Report Card:
(B) Level of expectations met during the season
(B-) Contributions to team’s overall success.
(B) Contributions to team during the playoffs
Overall Grade: B——————