Posted in 2013 - 2014 Season
,2013 Regular Season
,Around the NFC North
,NFC North Division
by Jason Perone
The Lions are alone atop the NFC North with just a one-game lead over the Bears and Packers
The NFC North continues to be one of the more intriguing divisions in football with the ever-changing landscape from week to week. The Detroit Lions are now alone in first place after completing a sweep of the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field on Sunday. The Bears and Green Bay Packers now have matching 5-4 records with the Bears holding the tie-breaker with a head-to-head win.
The Packers fell to the Philadelphia Eagles and had more quarterback issues as they lost their second straight game. The Minnesota Vikings won their Thursday night matchup against the Washington Redskins and improved to 2-7 on the season.
Each of the four North teams have already had their bye so each will face a busy back half of the schedule. The Packers and Giants matchup was flexed out of the Sunday night primetime slot a few weeks back and that will now be an afternoon contest that starts at 4pm EDT.
The Lions visit the Pittsburgh Steelers while the Bears host the Baltimore Ravens. The Vikings head to the great Northwest to take on the Seattle Seahawks and the 12th man.
Let’s take a look at each matchup and the implications it could have on the rest of the season. Read more... (2500 words + 3 images, estimated 10:00 mins reading time)
Welcome to our weekly update for the AllGreenBayPackers.com Fantasy Football League! For those that are unaware, the AllGBP.com staff started a league this year to see who could take home the trophy between them and some of their readers. Please continue to check back each week as the drama unfolds, and don’t at all hesitate to throw around the smack talk! Who knows . . . maybe you could be throwing down the gauntlet with us next season.
Week 11 Results:
- Rockwood Lodge (124.42)
over Jordy’s Stiff Arm (67.34)
- St. Cecilia’s HS (112.60)
over The Gilbert Browns (42.26)
- Salute Your Jorts (119.66)
over Calvinball (110.30)
- Finley Named My Kids (93.12)
over Cheeseheads (62.94)
- TouchedByTedThompson (91.00)
over Lambeau’s Legends (88.22)
- Milwaukee Packers (131.84)
over SuperBowl or Bust (118.04)
- The Gilbert Browns, Adam Czech (7-4-0)
- Rockwood Lodge, Marques Eversoll (7-4-0)
- St. Cecilia’s HS, “Jersey” Al Bracco (6-5-0)
- Calvinball, Thomas Hobbes (4-7-0)
- Salute Your Jorts, Kris Burke (4-7-0)
- Jordy’s Stiff Arm, Chad Toporski (4-7-0)
- Finley Named My Kids, Sam (9-2-0)
- Lambeau’s Legends, Henry (7-4-0)
- TouchedByTedThompson, Ian (7-4-0)
- SuperBowl or Bust, Earl (4-7-0)
- Milwaukee Packers, gbmb34 (4-7-0)
- Cheeseheads, Matt (3-8-0)
Power Rankings Read more... (679 words + 1 image, estimated 2:43 mins reading time)
- Rockwood Lodge (1) – This next matchup is going to be huge. In Week 12, The Rock will face off with The Gilbert Browns for first place in the Writers Division, and the loser will be battling it out with a St. Cecilia’s HS that’s not out of the fight.
This is a preview of
AllGreenBayPackers.com Fantasy Football League: Week 11 Update & Power Rankings
. Read the full post (679 words + 1 image, estimated 2:43 mins reading time)
When a 9-0 team like the Green Bay Packers welcomes a 4-5 club like the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, there are going to be a number of factors that favor the undefeated team at home. And really, Packers fans probably don’t need much for comfort as they head into Sunday. I’ve haven’t witnessed much nail-biting in the lead up to Week 11. However, if you are one of those fans who is sweating the Packers upcoming game against the Bucs, maybe the following five factors will calm your mind.
1. The Bucs really struggle on D
The Packers offense is playing well enough right now that matchups become more or less a moot point. But when scanning the Buccaneers’ defensive numbers in 2011, it’s hard to ignore the kind of mismatch we could see on Sunday. Through nine games, the Bucs currently rank No. 31 in total defense (401.2 yards/game), No. 28 in pass defense (263/game), No. 29 in rush defense (138.2/game) and No. 27 in points allowed (25.9/game). According to Pro Football Focus, the Bucs are the third-worst rated defense in the NFL. It’s bad across the board. Aaron Rodgers and Co. is always a threat to put a big number on the board, but it looks like a near certainty on Sunday against this Bucs defense.
2. End of a tough stretch Read more... (847 words + 1 image, estimated 3:23 mins reading time)
This is a preview of
Packers vs. Buccaneers: 5 Factors That Favor Green Bay on Sunday
. Read the full post (847 words + 1 image, estimated 3:23 mins reading time)